Windgate Vineyards and Winery is the largest estate winery in Southwestern Pennsylvania, bottling over 9,000 gallons of wine annually.
Our mature vineyard, which was started in the 1970’s, produces many varieties of French hybrid grapes, including Marechal Foch, De Chaunac, Seyval Blanc, Vidal, Chancellor, and Chambourcin. Additionally, it is “planted to” several vinifera grapes: Riesling, Cabernet Franc, and Pinot Gris.
Windgate wines have garnered over 100 awards from such distinguished organizations as:
- American Wine Society’s International Commercial Wine Competition
- The International Eastern Wine Competition
- The Pennsylvania Farm Show
Throughout the year, Windgate offers many public events at the winery, including:
- Seasonal Case Buyers’ Sales (with discounts up to 20%)
- Summer Wine Pairing Dinners with “Chef Bob”
- Family-style Picnics and Festivals
- Holiday Open House
Follow Windgate on Facebook for dates and times throughout the year!