Windgate Vineyards and Winery is the largest estate winery in Southwestern Pennsylvania.
Located in an Amish farm community, our mature vineyard produces many varieties of French hybrid grapes, including Marechal Foch, De Chaunac, Seyval Blanc, Vidal, Chancellor, and Chambourcin. Additionally, it is “planted to” several vinifera grapes: Riesling, Cabernet Franc, and Pinot Gris. From these grapes, we produce a number of blended, varietal, and seasonal flavored wines to suit every palate.
Windgate wines have garnered over 100 awards from such distinguished organizations as:
- American Wine Society’s International Commercial Wine Competition
- The International Eastern Wine Competition
- The Pennsylvania Farm Show
Throughout the year, Windgate offers many public events at the winery, including:
- Seasonal Case Buyers’ Sales
- Summer Wine Pairing Dinners with “Chef Bob”
- Family-style Picnics and Festivals
- Holiday Open House